Is there anything else I should know before coming to class? At Evolution Power Yoga, we are committed to maintaining a safe space for personal transformation and expression. With that in mind, you may find it helpful to become familiar with some common yoga etiquette to ensure that each student’s personal experience, space, and growth within the studio is valued and respected.
- Always check in with the instructor or scan your class card before class.
- Remove your shoes before entering the yoga space.
- Turn your cell phone off or switch it to silent before class.
- Respect the sanctity of the yoga space by refraining from loud conversations.
- Remember to take all of your belongings with you when you finish class.
- Please remember to attend to your personal hygiene and odor before, during, and after class and clean up any water or sweat that may have made its way to the floor. We provide mat spray for our students in the studio and recommend bringing a small towel for your own use.
- If you must arrive late: Please enter the yoga space quietly, set up your mat calmly, and begin your practice. If the main door to the boutique is locked at our Lancaster Studio, you may quietly enter through the Studio A doors. Our York location has a back entrance available once class has begun. Remember—if you are rushed or frazzled, you bring that energy with you into the classroom.
If you must leave early: Place your mat at the back of the room to minimize disruption when you leave the class. To respect the experience and final relaxation for your classmates, please collect your belongings and exit the class before savasana begins.