WEEKEND wellness retreat
Your 4-Day Get-Away to Unplug and Recharge
Recharge before the Holidays with our most affordable retreat! Our Weekend Yoga and Wellness Retreat is the perfect balance of movement, mindfulness, community connection, and self-care all wrapped into an enjoyable 4-day, 3-night stay at the Himalayan Institute Retreat Center.
What can I expect from this retreat?
Relax, restore, and nourish yourself at the 400-acre campus in the beautiful Pocono Mountains. WIth 5 walking trails, rolling hills, a lake, and open skies, you’ll find it easy to disconnect from your busy day-to-day and find the space to recharge your body and mind.
Experience the perfect balance of movement and stillness with daily all-levels yoga classes led by experienced practitioner and host; Lisa Taylor
You’ll tap into body, breath, and mind connection during your yoga classes, discover a deeper interpersonal connection to your practice and your mind during the 4 included workshops, and enjoy community connection with your fellow retreat-mates during the day.
3 Night Stay for $450
$450 includes all items listed below | Room is an additional cost
*Room & Board are an additional cost | Meals are included
ABOUT THE INSTITUTE
Inspire, Educate, and Empower
A world leader in the field of yoga, meditation, spirituality, and holistic health, the Himalayan Institute is a non-profit international organization dedicated to serving humanity through educational, spiritual, and humanitarian programs. Nestled at the bottom of the Pocono Mountains, this 400-acre Center is a traveling destination for locals and travelers alike.
- Daily 90-minute all-level/all-ability yoga class led by Lisa Taylor. Select yoga props including bolsters, blankets, and blocks are provided.
- 8 Limbs of Classical Yoga – (90-Minute Workshop) The Yoga Sutra describes eight aspects of practice to develop a comprehensive, systematic approach to spiritual life. You will learn how the eight limbs comprise a complete path to self-discovery.
- Anatomy of the Mind – (90-Minute Workshop) The yogic model of the mind is a practical framework for spiritual practice and a map for working with every aspect of ourselves. Learn how the senses, the unconscious mind, the ego, and intelligence work together to create freedom and wisdom, or ignorance and suffering.
- Overview of the Yoga Sutra – (90-Minute Workshop) The complete scope of yoga theory and practice is laid out in the “bible” of yoga. Here you will review everything written and discover why this timeless text is as relevant today as it ever was.
- Applying these findings to your practice – Lisa Taylor will close out the weekend with a workshop focused on combining all of your new learnings from the workshops above and identifying how they relate to the practices and principles we lead at Evolution Power Yoga as well as concrete ways to apply these learnings to your yoga practice and your life.
- MOKA Chocolate & Coffee Tour – Tour the Himalayan Institute’s in-house Cafe offering freshly brewed Moka Origins Coffee, the Institute’s signature Chai Tea, and homemade cookies & Treats
- Bonfire – Wind down your evening by enjoying the great outdoors, socializing, and relaxing by the stone fire pit
- Chai + Cookie Social – Indulge in the Institute’s signature Chai Tea and homemade cookies while you socialize and cozy up to a crackling fire (Vegan cookies, too!)
*These are an additional cost
- Ayurvedic Services + Treatments
- Massage Services + Treatments
- Wellness Services
$450 + Room
4-Day, 3-Night Stay + Daily Yoga + 4 Workshops + Activities
*Room & Board are an additional cost | Meals are included | Please review the Himalayan Institute’s COVID-19 protocol prior to registering for this event
- Complimentary Wi-Fi & Internet access
- Sri Vidya Shrine (Meditation Room)
- Tea lounge with unlimited hot tea beverages
- Fully equipped classrooms are available for personal practice when classes are not in session
- PureRejuv Wellness Center: Treat yourself to a wide selection of Spa and Wellness Services during your stay
- MOKA Cafe: Signature Chai Tea, fair trade coffee, wide selections of teas and lemonade, healthy snack options
- Sacred Grove Boutique & Bookstore: Snacks, beauty products, limited-run boutique items and apparel, natural and organic personal care items, handmade jewelry, yoga apparel and props, and handmade goods and gifts are all available for purchase
- 400-acre wooded campus
- 5 Hiking Trails
Food & Dining
- The H.I. Kitchen draws on traditional ayurvedic principles to provide high-quality, freshly prepared whole-food meals that support every dietary lifestyle and need
- non-dairy, gluten-free, and vegan options available at meals
- Homemade bread at every meal (whole-grain & gluten-free)
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner are included in your room & board
room & board
- Room & Board are not included in the $450
- Please book your room online or call 800.822.4547 X 1 and reference the Himalayan Institute Retreat with Evolution Power Yoga 9/15-9/18
- Please Review Himalayan Institute’s COVID 19 Policies prior to booking here
- Himalayan Retreat Center | 952 Bethany Tpke, Honesdale, PA 18431
- Accommodations: Available rooms range from $260-$410 for 3-Nights
- A map of the campus can be downloaded here
- Because of the last-minute nature of covid, Himalayan Institute allows a refund on rooms day-of if a person tests positive for covid and cannot attend
Himalayan Institute Weekend Wellness Retreat
Thursday, December 1st- Sunday, December 4th, 2022
*Cost does not include your room and board | Room Prices range from $260-$410 for 3 nights and include daily meals | please review the Himalayan Institute’s COVID-19 protocol prior to booking
You are responsible for booking your room through the Himalayan Institute