Illuminate. Inspire. Uplift.
To provide adult learning opportunities through the comprehensive exploration of yoga
To Illuminate the power in each person to inspire and uplift the power in others
- in learning by doing
- in the power of depth and specialization
- in creating integrated, layered learning environments that allow all levels of discovery to happen in one space
- in using measurable moments as markers of progress and opportunities for feedback
- that a sustainable, thriving community is driven by the unique and ongoing development of each individual
Learning is a Path, not a Destination. Experience the Difference. Immerse yourself in real-world leadership practice as you dig deep into the issues that matter. Evolution Learning Institute offers comprehensive learning opportunities, through the tools of yoga – asana, meditation and inquiry – to individuals committed to sustainable personal, professional and community enrichment. Our students are yoga teachers, business leaders, and community shapers looking to make a difference.
Since 2001, we have cultivated an unparalleled adult learning environment. April 2017 will mark our 19th 200-hour teacher training. Through rigorous study and responsible practice, our students build connections and expose opportunity while engaging in extensive, real-life, experiential self-discovery.
Developed by Lisa Taylor, and rooted in the Baptiste Yoga Methodology, our training programs systematically create access to deep learning and rich discovery at every stage of development.Taylor believes if other professions require 1000+ hours of practice to become certified, then the same should hold true in the world of Yoga Teacher Training. In its entirety, Evolution Learning Institute will offer 5 training programs, ACCESS (250-hour Teacher Training), EMPOWER (300-hour Teacher Training), OUTREACH (Leadership Development), ADAPTATION (Advanced Teaching), and LEADERSHIP (Professional Development); together creating an in-depth, one of a kind 1250 hour program
Commit fully. Engage purposefully. Experience a powerful period of personal and professional transformation. Step upon the Path.
Evolution Learning Institute is a registered Yoga Alliance Program. The credential earned is issued by Evolution Power Yoga. All Evolution Power Yoga instructors have successfully completed our ACCESS 250-Hour Teacher Training Program.
ELI Core Programs
ACCESS is the first step in revealing and unleashing your talents. The program is intense. The coursework is rigorous. The results are up to you.
About the Program:
The ACCESS core curriculum builds a solid understanding of the tools of yoga – asana, meditation, and self-inquiry. The goal is to give students a firm grasp of broad-based fundamentals as the foundation for developing awareness.
Through rigorous practice, persistent self-reflection and insightful discussion, ACCESS engages students in an in-depth experience and exploration of the Baptiste Yoga Methodology. Beyond cultivating the skills to teach and assist yoga, students practice teamwork, participate in personal leadership activities, and study anatomy.
ACCESS brings theory, practice, experience, and talent into focus, into action, offering the student an opportunity for deep learning.
ACCESS is offered 3 times a year in 2 formats – Classic: 8-weekend training that meets 1 weekend/month offered every Fall and every Spring Condensed: 3 month Summer training
Weekend Schedules: Friday 5:00-9:00 PM, Saturday 8:00 AM-5:00 PM, Sunday 8:00 AM-4:00 PM
- Unlimited yoga classes for the duration of the training at all studio locations (Lancaster, York, Harrisburg, Lititz)
- A one of a kind curriculum and training manual written by a world class yoga teacher and Baptiste Faculty member
*Custom payment plans are available
ACCESS includes the following Classroom learning:
- Instruction on Anatomy, the Baptiste Methodology, the Asanas and Meditation
- Personal reflection, conceptual exploration, and group discussion
- Scored Evaluation
- ACCESS includes our breakout Anatomy of Yoga Course; an accredited Continuing Education Course also available to take individually.
- CEU’s offered:
- Athletics and Fitness Association of America: 15 CEU
National Academy of Sports Medicine: 1.9 CEU
Physical Therapy: 24 CEU
ACCESS includes the following Practice Learning:
- Practice teaching
- Leading meditation
- Observing, practicing, and assisting public classes
- Video recording and self-evaluation
- Practicum evaluation
ACCESS includes the following Group Learning:
- Peer evaluation and feedback
- Small group learning sessions
- Large group event planning
The ACCESS Learning Manual serves as your guide to the Core Curriculum. *cost is not included in tuition
ACCESS is a credentialed Yoga Alliance 200 RYT (registered yoga teacher) Teacher Training program
Upcoming Training Schedules
Spring 2019 | Cycle 24
Week 1: April 5, 6, 7
Week 2: May 3, 4, 5
Week 3: May 31, June 1, 2
Week 4: July 12, 13, 14
Week 5: August 9, 10, 11
Week 6: September 6, 7, 8
Week 7: October 4, 5, 6
Week 8: November 1, 2, 3
Fall 2019 | Cycle 25
Week 1: October 18, 19, 20
Week 2: November 15, 16, 17
Week 3: December 13, 14, 15
Week 4: January 10, 11, 12
Week 5: February 7, 8, 9
Week 6: March 6, 7, 8
Week 7: April 3, 4, 5
Week 8: May 1, 2, 3
Spring 2020 | Cycle 26
Week 1: April 3, 4, 5
Week 2: May 1, 2, 3
Week 3: May 29, 30, 31
Week 4: June 26, 27, 28
Week 5: July 24, 25, 26
Week 6: August 21, 22, 23
Week 7: September 18, 19, 20
Week 8: October 16, 17, 18
Summer 2020 | Cycle 27
Week 1: May 15, 16, 17
Week 2: May 22, 23, 24
Week 3: June 5, 6, 7
Week 4: June 12, 13, 14
Week 5: July 10, 11, 12
Week 6: July 17, 18, 19
Week 7: July 31 – August 1, 2
Week 8: August 7, 8, 9
Now is your time to rise. EMPOWER is the next step in the journey of the self-actualized leader. Advanced learning. Deep impact. Unlimited potential.
About the Program
The EMPOWER Core Curriculum is delivered through a highly specialized module based learning system that integrates the functional understanding of ACCESS into a comprehensive awareness of the total yoga experience. Through deeper and more specific study, students sharpen leadership tools, expand awareness, illuminate personal power and cultivate opportunities to inspire and uplift.
Led by experts in their respective domains, each module explores a distinct aspect of yoga. Modules include anatomy, meditation, assisting, personal development, and advanced teaching.
Offered once a year, the 300 hour EMPOWER Teacher Training program is complete in 9 months. Graduating students can apply for Yoga Alliance 500 RYT status at the conclusion of the program.
Special Combo Offer (ACCESS and EMPOWER): $6495
*Custom payment plans are available
EMPOWER includes the following Asana, Meditation, Inquiry modules:
Advanced Anatomy | Philomena Behmer, MS MEd
- 100 hours Led by Philomena Behmer, MS MEd, of Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- An in-depth exploration of yoga through the lens of the science of anatomy and physiology. The focus of the series is on how the musculoskeletal system, nervous system and respiratory system relates to yoga. The program includes discussions, learning activities and projects to help students better understand the significance of anatomy and yoga. Students are encouraged to use their previous experiences to contribute to their understanding of anatomy and yoga. In addition to anatomy-related activities, each weekend includes an anatomy focused yoga class as well as other movement exercises to enhance understanding through embodied learning. This training is for anyone who is interested in deepening their understanding of yoga and how it relates to their body.
Advanced Teaching | Lisa Taylor
- 100 hours led by Lisa Taylor, Master Instructor, and Baptiste faculty Member
- Elevate your teaching to the next level. An exploration of Baptiste methodology and specified teaching techniques to master the art of generating inspiration through delivery and bring power to the practice.
- Hands-on learning of manipulation of the body to create access, alignment, and integration in movement and posture.
- 100 hours total
The 100 hour Outreach program is designed to foster leadership by using the tools of yoga throughout our community to reduce conflict and build authentic connections. This is an opportunity to explore beyond a 200-hour teacher training and for anyone in a career that is connection and communication based: Education, Coaching, Guidance counselors, Public relations and more!
This training will evaluate patterns within oneself, uncover filters that subconsciously develop, and bring conscious awareness to the roles that you play. Through leading an outreach program you are given an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others through connection, listening, and language. We will work to soften fixed points of view in ourselves in order to nurture the same willingness in our students, encouraging them to see their own potential.
Outreach training will leave you with the tools to relate to the person, not the situation
Advanced Teaching Training
Advanced Teaching Training
Custom payment plans are available for all ELI Programs