Illuminate, Uplift, Inspire.
To provide adult learning opportunities through the comprehensive exploration of yoga
To Illuminate the power in each person to inspire and uplift the power in others
- in learning by doing
- in the power of depth and specialization
- in creating integrated, layered learning environments that allow all levels of discovery to happen in one space
- in using measurable moments as markers of progress and opportunities for feedback
- that a sustainable, thriving community is driven by the unique and ongoing development of each individual
Learning is a Path, not a Destination. Experience the Difference. Immerse yourself in real-world leadership practice as you dig deep into the issues that matter. Evolution Learning Institute offers comprehensive learning opportunities, through the tools of yoga – asana, meditation and inquiry – to individuals committed to sustainable personal, professional and community enrichment. Our students are yoga teachers, business leaders, and community shapers looking to make a difference.
Since 2001, we have cultivated an unparalleled adult learning environment. April 2017 will mark our 19th 200-hour teacher training. Through rigorous study and responsible practice, our students build connections and expose opportunity while engaging in extensive, real-life, experiential self-discovery.
Developed by Lisa Taylor, and rooted in the Baptiste Yoga Methodology, our training programs systematically create access to deep learning and rich discovery at every stage of development.Taylor believes if other professions require 1000+ hours of practice to become certified, then the same should hold true in the world of Yoga Teacher Training. In its entirety, Evolution Learning Institute will offer 5 training programs, ACCESS (250-hour Teacher Training), EMPOWER (300-hour Teacher Training), OUTREACH (Leadership Development), ADAPTATION (Advanced Teaching), and LEADERSHIP (Professional Development); together creating an in-depth, one of a kind 1250 hour program
Commit fully. Engage purposefully. Experience a powerful period of personal and professional transformation. Step upon the Path.
Evolution Learning Institute is a registered Yoga Alliance Program. The credential earned is issued by Evolution Power Yoga.
ELI Core Programs
ACCESS is the first step in revealing and unleashing your talents. The program is intense. The coursework is rigorous. The results are up to you.
About the Program:
The ACCESS core curriculum builds a solid understanding of the tools of yoga – asana, meditation, and self-inquiry. The goal is to give students a firm grasp of broad-based fundamentals as the foundation for developing awareness.
Through rigorous practice, persistent self-reflection and insightful discussion, ACCESS engages students in an in-depth experience and exploration of the Baptiste Yoga Methodology. Beyond cultivating the skills to teach and assist yoga, students practice teamwork, participate in personal leadership activities, and study anatomy.
ACCESS brings theory, practice, experience, and talent into focus, into action, offering the student an opportunity for deep learning.
Offered 3 times a year:
Classic: 8 weekends, 8-month training every Fall in York and every Spring in Lancaster
Intensive: 6 week, 3 month Summer training in Harrisburg
ACCESS is a credentialed Yoga Alliance 200 RYT (registered yoga teacher) Teacher Training program.
ACCESS includes the following Classroom learning:
- Instruction on Anatomy, the Baptiste Methodology, the Asanas and Meditation
- Personal reflection, conceptual exploration, and group discussion
- Scored Evaluation
- ACCESS includes our breakout Anatomy of Yoga Course; an accredited Continuing Education Course also available to take individually.
- CEU’s offered:
- Athletics and Fitness Association of America: 15 CEU
National Academy of Sports Medicine: 1.9 CEU
Physical Therapy: 24 CEU
ACCESS includes the following Practice Learning:
- Practice teaching
- Leading meditation
- Observing, practicing, and assisting public classes
- Video recording and self-evaluation
- Practicum evaluation
ACCESS includes the following Group Learning:
- Peer evaluation and feedback
- Small group learning sessions
- Large group event planning
The ACCESS Learning Manual serves as your guide to the Core Curriculum. *cost is not included in tuition
ACCESS meets 8 weekends: Friday 5:00-9:00, Saturday 8:00-5:00, Sunday 8:00-4:00
- Unlimited yoga classes for the duration of the training
- Unlimited guest passes to introduce new students to the Evolution studio
- A one of a kind curriculum and training manual written by a world class yoga teacher and Baptiste Faculty member
*Payment plans are available
Fall 2017 ACCESS Schedule: York Studio
Week 1: September 15, 16, 17
Week 2: October 13, 14, 15
Week 3: November 10, 11, 12
Week 4: December 1, 2, 3
Week 5: January 12, 13, 14
Week 6: February 2, 3, 4
Week 7: March 2, 3, 4
Week 8: April 6, 7, 8
Spring 2018 ACCESS Schedule: Lancaster Studio
Week 1: April 13, 14, 15
Week 2: May 4, 5, 6
Week 3: June 1, 2, 3
Week 4: July 13, 14, 15
Week 5: August 10, 11, 12
Week 6: September 7, 8, 9
Week 7: October 5, 6, 7
Week 8: November 9, 10, 11
EMPOWER is the next step in the journey of the self-actualized leader. The program is vast. The learning is deep. The work is specialized. The power is yours.
About the Program
The EMPOWER Core Curriculum is delivered through a highly specialized module based learning system that integrates the functional understanding of ACCESS into a comprehensive awareness of the total yoga experience. Through deeper and more specific study, students sharpen leadership tools, expand awareness, illuminate personal power and cultivate opportunities to inspire and uplift.
Led by experts in their respective domains, each module explores a distinct aspect of yoga. Modules include anatomy, meditation, assisting, personal development, and advanced teaching.
Offered once a year, the 300 hour EMPOWER Teacher Training program is complete in 9 months. Graduating students can apply for Yoga Alliance 500 RYT status at the conclusion of the program.
EMPOWER includes the following Asana, Meditation, Inquiry modules:
Advanced Anatomy | Philomena Behmer, MS MEd
- 100 hours Led by Philomena Behmer, MS MEd, of Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- An in-depth exploration of yoga through the lens of the science of anatomy and physiology. The focus of the series is on how the musculoskeletal system, nervous system and respiratory system relates to yoga. The program includes discussions, learning activities and projects to help students better understand the significance of anatomy and yoga. Students are encouraged to use their previous experiences to contribute to their understanding of anatomy and yoga. In addition to anatomy-related activities, each weekend includes an anatomy focused yoga class as well as other movement exercises to enhance understanding through embodied learning. This training is for anyone who is interested in deepening their understanding of yoga and how it relates to their body.
Advanced Teaching | Lisa Taylor
- 100 hours led by Lisa Taylor, Master Instructor, and Baptiste faculty Member
- Elevate your teaching to the next level. An exploration of Baptiste methodology and specified teaching techniques to master the art of generating inspiration through delivery and bring power to the practice.
Energetic Anatomy, Assisting, and Meditation | Mukti, Michael Buck
- In depth exploration and training in meditative practices resulting in the quantifiable, reproducible ability to lead and practice meditation.
- Hands on learning of energetic anatomy and manipulation of the body to create confidence in movement and posture.
- 100 hours total
Special Combo Offer (ACCESS and EMPOWER): $6495
*Payment plans available
2018 Training Schedule
Sunday, March 4, 2018 / 7AM-12PM | Advanced Anatomy
Thursday, March 8th / 9AM-5PM | Mutki, Michael Buck
Friday, March 9th / 9AM-5PM | Mukti, Michael Buck
Saturday, March 10th / 9AM-5PM | Mukti, Michael Buck
Sunday, March 11th / 9AM-5PM | Mukti, Michael Buck
Friday, March 23rd / 5-9PM | Advanced Teaching
Saturday, March 24th / 8AM-5PM | Advanced Teaching
Sunday, March 25th / 8AM-5PM | Advanced Teaching
Saturday, April 7th / 8AM-4PM | Advanced Anatomy
Friday, May 18th / 4-9PM | Advanced Anatomy
Saturday, May 19th / 8AM-4PM | Advanced Anatomy
Thursday, June 7th / 9AM-5PM | Mukti, Michael Buck
Friday, June 8th / 9AM-5PM | Mukti, Michael Buck
Saturday, June 9th / 9AM-5PM | Mukti, Michael Buck
Sunday, June 10th / 9AM-5PM | Mukti, Michael Buck
Friday, June 22nd / 4-9PM | Advanced Anatomy
Saturday, June 23rd / 8AM-4PM | Advanced Anatomy
Friday, September 14th / 4-9PM | Advanced Anatomy
Saturday, September 15th / 8AM-4PM | Advanced Anatomy
Friday, September 21st / 5-9PM | Advanced Teaching
Saturday, September 22nd / 8AM-5PM | Advanced Teaching
Sunday, September 23rd / 8AM-5PM | Advanced Teaching
Thursday, September 27th / 9AM-5PM | Mukti, Michael Buck
Friday, September 28th / 9AM-5PM | Mukti, Michael Buck
Saturday, September 29th / 9AM-5PM | Mukti, Michael Buck
Sunday, September 30th / 9AM-5PM | Mukti, Michael Buck
Friday, October 12th / 4-9PM | Advanced Anatomy
Saturday, October 13th / 8AM-4PM | Advanced Anatomy
Friday, November 2nd / 5-9PM | Advanced Teaching
Saturday, November 3rd / 8AM-5PM | Advanced Teaching
Sunday, November 4th / 8AM-5PM | Advanced Teaching
Advanced Teaching Training
Professional Development Training