How do I enroll?
Fill out a Training application form, available in the drop down menu. Once you submit your application for review, either at your home studio or electronically, we will contact you with further instruction.
How proficient in yoga do I need to be to enroll in a Training Program?
The ELI ACCESS 200 Hour program is for anyone and any BODY. The training is much more than the physical and is available for all levels of yoga proficiency. Keep in mind this program is not only for aspiring teachers, but people who want to deepen their practice.
The ELI EMPOWER 500 Hour program consists of 300 hours of instruction to be added to a 200 Hour credential. We accept the ELI ACCESS graduates, Baptiste Institute certified teachers and Baptiste Institute Affiliate certified teachers.
How many students are enrolled in each ELI training at one time? What is the typical age range of the participants?
We typically have 25-35 individuals in an ACCESS training. Students generally range in age from 21-65 years of age. Historically our participants come from up to 5 hours away.
I don’t want to become a yoga instructor, is this training still for me?
Absolutely! There is no requirement to become an instructor at the completion of the training. Our program is designed more as a leadership program; it is so much more than doing yoga. Many participants who initially enter our program not wanting to teach actually end up changing their perspective at the end of the training.
What is the cost of the program?
The full tuition cost for ACCESS, our 200 Hour program, is $3495, our 500 Hour program, EMPOWER, is $3995, which includes a $200 non-refundable administration fee. A $1000 down payment is due at the time of enrollment. If enrolled and down payment of $1000 is received by the advertised Early Bird special deadline, a $500 discount is applied.
What are my options for paying the balance remaining after the deposit is made?
- The options for paying the balance of Tuition due are as follows:
- Option #1: Pay in Full by Program Start: Down payment of $1000 with remaining balance due by the first weekend of the program.
- Option #2: Payment Program: Down payment of $1000 with remaining balance due in scheduled payments according to signed payment agreement. Payment agreement is based on the remaining balance of tuition still owed after the $1000 down payment plus 10% interest divided by the number of months financed. Full payment must be made by the fifth month of the program.
What payment option should I use?
Evolution accepts the following forms of payment: cash, check, Visa, MasterCard and American Express credit cards.
Are books & other materials included in the cost of the training?
Expenses not included in tuition: books, yoga mat, blocks, strap and training manual. Books, manual and yoga props can be purchased from Evolution or from other sources. You should purchase Journey Into Power by Baron Baptiste as soon as you can and plan to read prior to the start of the first weekend. A complete book list will be provided on the first night of training.
Are yoga classes included in the Training Tuition cost?
YES, unlimited yoga classes at Evolution are included in your ACCESS Training program in either the Lancaster or York Studios from the first day of the first weekend until the last day of the final weekend of the course. Unlimited yoga is NOT included in the EMPOWER 500 Hour program.
What is the schedule for an ACCESS training weekend?
- Fridays from 5-9 PM, Saturday 8 AM to 5 PM, Sunday 8 AM to 4 PM
Note: above schedule is subject to change
What time commitment is expected outside of weekend trainings?
- A set number of asana practices per week are requested.
- Approximately 2 hours of written homework per weekend session is assigned.
- 100% participation in all weekend hours is required.*
- It is likely you will elect to practice teach.
This list represents the minimum additional time and activities need to complete the training. In summary, this is your training and you will get out of it what you put in.
* Makeup hours will be available ON A LIMITED BASIS AND WITH PREVIOUSLY OBTAINED PERMISSION.
Are some teacher Trainers better than others?
We highly recommend ALL of our ELI trainers. Our ELI trainers are some of the most experienced teachers at Evolution Power Yoga. They have also gone through a training themselves to become eligible to teach aspiring teachers. They are among our best instructors currently at Evolution Power Yoga.
What if I miss a class?
To apply for a Yoga Alliance certificate of completion, you must attend 100% of the classes to comply with Evolution Learning Institute requirements. However, we understand that you may not be able to foresee every conflict, so we ask that you notify Evolution Power Yoga as soon as possible to arrange for an alternate private make-up.
Will I be qualified to register with Yoga Alliance once I complete the program?
Yes! With the successful completion of all the requirements of the program, including contact hours, homework and exam, you will receive your letter of completion evidencing your training at the 200 Hour ACCESS or 500 Hour EMPOWER Level. You may also register with the Yoga Alliance (www.yogaalliance.org) at the RYT-200, 500 level (Registered Yoga Teacher 200, 500). Graduates of the ACCESS program usually begin teaching in small studios, gyms, with private clientele (friends and family), etc.
What logistics do I need to be aware of to be prepared for participation each day of training?
- Training will take place at the Evolution Studio indicated for the training you applied to.
- One change of yoga clothes is recommended each day
- Bring your books, writing utensil, and a notebook each day
- Bring your yoga mat, towel, block and strap
- We often take working lunches. Bring a packed lunch, easy to eat snacks and a refillable water bottle.
- You will not have access to a refrigerator or microwave. You will have access to filtered water.
- There are several casual restaurants close by the Studio where you can purchase take-out food and drink items.
I submitted my application, what is next?
Within 5 business days, Evolution Power Yoga will contact you for additional questions &/or acceptance. Upon acceptance,a deposit of $1000 is required to secure your position in the ELI Training Program.
What are past participants in the ELI Training program saying about it?
You’ll meet people you never would meet otherwise.
If you have practiced once, a hundred times – never, the ACCESS program is designed to be available to everyone, no matter the experience or knowledge base. Don’t be afraid to try something new, everyone is here to learn.
Meditation is a huge part of class. Start getting curious about it.
Get yourself organized right out the gate.
Get yourself a well-insulated lunch bag for food and snack. Again, it’s fast pace so make yourself meals and snacks that are quick and easy to digest (lunch was typically 15-30 minutes).
If you don’t already, get yourself a good mat that won’t stay wet or slippery since you’ll be using it a lot. Get two blocks and a strap.
Get ready to really get to know yourself. If you are willing to put the work in you will get so much out of it. But you need to be willing to let your walls fall, dig deep, and fully dive into it.
Be willing to be silly, fail, succeed, push yourself and take it easy. It gets messy and that’s the beauty of it all.
Still have Questions? contact Learning@evolutionpoweryoga.com